Otaku Anime Movie Night Out, 9/24/2009 - Eureka Seven

Seems we've been doing a lot of this recently. Here's a place for it

Otaku Anime Movie Night Out, 9/24/2009 - Eureka Seven

Postby thelaughingfool » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:03 pm

For those who don't know, there will be a Eureka Seven Movie, being shown here in America September 24.
Info here
I propose we do this like the "L Change the World" screening. It's a ways away, but we need to tell people sooner so we can schedule it.
What do you say people.
I'm just a love machine.
thelaughingfool
Crazy like a Bi-Polar Fox

Location: Where the sun is always shining and the air smells like warm root beer

Postby sabokappa » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:31 pm

Oh, well actually Jon just mentioned the Latest Miyazaki Movie "Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea" is gonna be in theaters in August.
He mentioned it here under the Anime and Manga thread on the site! ^^..

I know i'm gonna wanna see that, but i'm not so sure about the Eureka Seven movie.. mehs.. :? i'm not very familiar.. ^^;;
「何 出来る かな? 何 出来る かな?」
~る かな..? HAND ELEPHANTS. >w<
sabokappa
some sort of scary god

Postby JayRandom » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:41 am

Sounds fun! Teh officers are having a meeting tomorrow; I'l l be sure to bring it up then.
-- Jon
JayRandom
Hiss! The light, it burns!

Postby thelaughingfool » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:20 am

Just confirmed that "Eureka Seven - Good Night, Sleep Tight, Young Lovers" will be playing at the AMC 20 at 7:30 September 24.
I'm just a love machine.
thelaughingfool

Location: Where the sun is always shining and the air smells like warm root beer

Postby JayRandom » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:36 pm

Whee~. Event posted on the front page, the Otaku News RSS feed, and the Facebook group.

Hafta get back to the forums more. ;;;^> After work.
-- Jon
JayRandom
Hiss! The light, it burns!

Postby thelaughingfool » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:59 am

Over 12 hours since I saw the whole thing and my head is still reeling. I'm going to assume that most you (all 5 of you that showed up) have not seen the Eureka Seven TV series, and given the content of the movie, that's just fine. While this might be seen by some a prequel to the TVS, it is a reimagining that has little if anything to do with it.
The only thing I didn't liek was all the weird inuendo that kept poping up. And was I the only who thought of Michael Jackson with the Peter Pan and Pedophilia refrences early on. As if Dewey wasn't already dispicable enough. Well, what did you guys thing?
I'm just a love machine.
thelaughingfool

Return to Event Planning